TopLeft is very pleased to announce Kanban boards for projects. Now you can visualize your projects (not just project tickets and tasks) as they progress through your team workflows!
What project boards are useful for:
- Getting an overview of all your projects, whether you have 10 projects or 100.
- Visualizing specialized project workflows- for example, repeated projects you create from a template
- Identifying exceptions such as projects that haven’t progressed in the workflow recently, are over budget, or have approaching estimated start or end dates
- Identifying bottlenecks such as busy project managers
- Visualizing your project start dates so you don’t commit yourself to anything impossible
As with other types of Kanban boards, you can drag and drop projects between columns, and all data is synced to and from your PSA.
Project boards are available today for both ConnectWise and Autotask customers. Kanban administrators can create a board by clicking the Boards -> Add Project Board option.
We made a 14-minute video to showcase project boards and explain how to use them.
You’re invited to a webinar about project boards on August 5, at 3 PM EST/12 noon PST. We’ll demonstrate the features, answer questions, and talk about a couple of other upcoming features we’re working on that will increase your project manager superpowers. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/9215960863262/WN_4EZQKZp7QV6jh2E0r2q9vA
Kanban boards show projects where the project manager/lead resource is a licensed member. If you need to add a license for your project managers, follow the instructions in the knowledgebase.
For full functionality, ConnectWise customers need to grant the Kanban API member the following additional permission: Project/Project Headers/Edit Level: All. Autotask customers don’t need to make any changes.