Two factor authentication is now available in CW Kanban! 2FA is one of the most effective ways to prevent unauthorized access to data, because a hacker needs to steal more than just a password to access your account. We recommend you begin using it right away, especially if your ConnectWise application is protected by 2FA.
2FA in CW Kanban uses time-based one-time passwords (TOTP) with registration via a QR code, as well as backup codes for access to Kanban after your friend drops your phone in the pool.
To enroll as a user, follow these steps:
- Click your account name in the top-right corner of the application, then click Two Factor Authentication
- Click Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- Scan the QR code with your TOTP app (Google Authenticator, Authy, etc)
- Type the code in the Token field to confirm
- Click Next
- Generate a set of backup tokens and store them to a safe, secret place
Administrators can also require 2FA to be enabled before users can see Kanban boards. For details, see the Knowledgebase article.
Visualize your data in Kanban safely, friends!