TopLeft is growing! We’re looking for someone to join the development team.
Software Developer – Full Stack
Posted July 21, 2020
Who we are
TopLeft – a division of Kerkhoff Technologies Inc. – is a software start-up based near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The product utilizes Kanban boards to help Managed Service Providers visualize their work to understand project progress, accelerate helpdesk dispatch, identify neglected tasks, and eliminate bottlenecks that slow down their teams. We are seeking a full-time Software Developer (Full Stack) to join our team. If you are a high-energy person, you love to interact with people, and you have a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
What people say about you
You are a highly professional individual who is passionate about helping people succeed. You are a smart, motivated, collaborative engineer who loves solving problems and wants to make an impact on a super inspiring vision. You are technically excellent, you attack every problem with enthusiasm, you care deeply about what it takes to build high quality software. You are a self-starter, and you have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
What your day looks like
- Engage with other TopLeft developers to learn about their workflows, challenges, and the systems they are building.
- Develop systems that allow our teams to innovate rapidly and reliably.
- Engage with the TopLeft team in the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
- Build and maintain systems that are used by the entire company to deliver software to TopLeft customers.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development.
- Deep dive into users’ problems, and find efficient solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement.
What you bring to the role
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 2+ years in software engineering, OR 5+ years in software development without a degree.
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end.
- Experience with continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts.
- Understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Strong ability to prioritize and focus when there are many possible things to do, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a sometimes-chaotic environment, and to change direction in a hurry if need be
What we’re looking for
- Alignment with our values
- Strong desire to grow with the company
- Genuinely positive and optimistic attitude
- Confident yet teachable (we are committed to training, mentoring and coaching you in this role)
- Personable and approachable; you put people at ease
What we provide
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 3 weeks vacation – starting immediately
- Numerous opportunities for professional development
- Clear path to advance your career
- Flexible work schedule
When you would start
We will onboard this role as soon as we find the best candidate.
How to apply
Submit to [email protected] a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.